Quick Dinners: Egg Stuffed Peppers
Roasted peppers with a baked egg on top is a healthy, delicious and brilliant way to enjoy a wholesome meal that can be made to suit your taste.
The great thing that I love about these egg stuffed peppers is that you can have them for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
One of my all time favourite Albanian dishes is Albanian Stuffed peppers and using roasted red peppers always give the recipe a great flavour boost. This got me thinking, with peppers being so versatile and with there being so many different stuffed vegetable recipes, why not look at a quicker way to make them.
We all know that eggs and spinach go well together, plus I always seem to have a handful or so of spinach left when using it in my other recipes, this made the perfect two ingredients to try!
- 2 Peppers (any colour, red are sweeter)
- 2 handfuls of Spinach
- 1 Tsp basil
- 4 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive oil
- Cut the pepper once, length ways (through the middle of the stalk) and place on a baking tray
- Drizzle the Peppers with a little olive oil
- Place them in the oven on 180 degrees for 15 minutes
- Remove the peppers from the oven
- Stuff half a handful of spinach into each one pressing down firmly to ensure it is fully inside
- Crack an egg in each once, down worry if some of the egg white flows over the edge of the pepper
- Season with the basil, salt and pepper
- Place back in the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and ensure the egg white is fully cook, cook a few minutes longer for well done eggs if preferred.
Enjoy this egg stuffed peppers recipe on it’s own or with some fresh bread on the side.
These recipes look YUM!
It only takes a few seconds to get more recipes...
Join our group of foodies and get recipes, news and cooking tips straight from the kitchen.